Eden Prairie Community Spotlight:
Flagship Bank Minnesota is an active community volunteer and financial supporter. Through our efforts in Eden Prairie, MN, we have crossed paths with many organizations and each December we hold a community luncheon in conjunction with the Eden Prairie Community Foundation to say Thank you. We believe that each of our residents and our nonprofit organizations make a profound impact on City of Eden Prairie in their own way and it is the little things that drive the improvement of life in our community. Brick by brick. Organization by organization. The overarching picture has been built by the everyday actions which has resulted in the high quality of life Eden Prairie represents. To build off this belief, we are doing a Community Spotlight on organizations making a difference in our communities.
Mission: Enriching our community through philanthropy, collaboration and leadership.
Since 1981, the Eden Prairie Community Foundation has been involved in making Eden Prairie a better place to live and work. The foundation has granted over $1.6 million to 60+ nonprofit organizations since its founding through activities such as:
- Providing grants to nonprofits and agencies that serve Eden Prairie
- Serving as a fiscal sponsor to small groups and organizations that need help with their community projects
- Serving as a leader and catalyst for community good
- Holding events where neighbors can connect and form friendships
There are many specific projects the foundation is proud about, whether it is the Veterans Memorial, Miracle Field, helping the food shelf or fire department, among many others over the years, each one supports Eden Prairie. As a growing organization doing good things for our community, Flagship Bank Minnesota is proud to support their cause. Events to keep on the calendar include:
- State of the City, Schools, and Foundation – This free February program at the Eden Prairie City Center is an informative update on what’s new at the Eden Prairie Community Foundation, the City of Eden Prairie, and the Eden Prairie School District. You’ll hear from the experts, including the city manager and superintendent of schools.
- EP Gives – Annual gala that celebrates a year’s worth of philanthropy and recognizes the foundation’s newest grant winners.
- Prairie Brewfest – An outdoor party where you’ll make new friends and support the foundation’s work to make Eden Prairie better.
- Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon – The Foundation and Flagship Bank recognize the day-in, day-out work of community volunteers, elected officials, and others at this annual lunch held in December at Olympic Hills Golf Club. The more that community leaders gather, the greater the chances they’ll collaborate in ways that benefit Eden Prairie.
The Prairie Brewfest is coming on September 10, 2016 from 3:00 – 6:00 p.m at Purgatory Creek Park.
You can register for tickets on the Prairie Brewfest Home Page. It’s a great time, we hope to see you there!
Flagship Bank Minnesota is a Member FDIC and Equal Housing Lender.