Investing in you.
Flagship Bank wants to support our tagline in every aspect whether it be by investing in employees, members, community, volunteering, and our offerings.
Our desire is to earn our customers' trust and respect, and deliver financial products and services of value with outstanding service...always...every day.
We believe one way to earn trust and respect is by having initiatives that give back, better our communities, and provide win-win-win scenarios. When you ask Why Flagship? we want you to choose us not only because of our products and services but because of our people and our purpose. We began a new initiative in 2018 that has been a great success.
We are planting a tree for every member, new or existing, that sign up for e-Statements!
The initiative is great for the environment by not only reducing paper use to save trees but also by planting trees to support our environment and our communities. We think it is sustainable planning all-around as the savings earned from mailing statements is redirected into a positive environmental activity.
Trees are vital to the world’s environment and important parts of every community. They convert carbon dioxide to oxygen, improve our quality of life, conserve water, and provide us with everyday tools and materials. This is our chance to not only reduce paper waste and save resources but also betters the earth by plant a tree to support our future.
Here are just a few of the additional benefits of planting trees:
- Biodiversity: Forests are the most diverse systems on land with millions of species out of which many have not even been discovered and analyzed yet.
- Cool Climate: Trees absorb CO2, which is one of the main drivers of climate change. Larger forests can even create clouds, which then reflect the sunlight and cool our planet.
- Clean Air: Trees create oxygen, which we need to breathe. They also clean the air by absorbing pollutant gases and filtering out particulates.
- Happy People: Forests provide us with healthy food and lots of other products, which can be sustainably harvested. Worldwide the livelihood of 1.6 billion people depends on forests.
- Soil Protection: Trees protect the soil from erosion and they create productive and fertile land. If you cut down trees, you will very soon end up with a desert.
- Water Security: Forests regulate the water cycles and prevent floods. They create moisturous microclimates and increase groundwater levels. They act like a “sponge” and therefore prevent droughts.
How will we do this? Flagship Bank is happy to partner with Tree Trust.
Why Tree Trust? There are many organizations that plant trees around the world and do great work for their communities; Tree Trust is among those that are doing work that promotes tree planning and bettering the earth for future generations.
- They plant locally: Tree Trust plants right here in Minnesota which helps provide meaningful opportunities for greening in our local community.
- They help transform lives: Tree Trust gives youth the chance to gain work experience, boost their self-confidence and find positive direction.
- Volunteers: Tree Trust helps volunteers connect with their community and the outdoors.
Since our initiative began, numerous members have signed up e-statements and we have been out with Tree Trust planting trees and donating funding to support its mission. We think this is a great opportunity and hope you will become a member of our community and join us in our initiative. Let us know today if you want to sign up for e-Statements or get your banking started with Flagship Bank.