We love our Minnesota small businesses and have seen firsthand how the events of the past few weeks have affected them. With all of the changes day to day, we want to offer some resources to help navigate through this uncertain time. We will keep updating this page with additional programs that are rolled out over the coming days and weeks.
Small Business Resources
SBA page on Debt Forgiveness
Learn about all of the new details on PPP loans and debt forgiveness on the SBA's page on Debt Forgiveness
Guide to Business Loans
Learn about the different loan programs that Flagship Bank has for your business in our Guide to Business Loans.
Small Business Emergency Loan Program
The Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) is creating an emergency loan program to help Minnesota small business owners who need immediate assistance to meet their families’ basic needs during COVID-19 closures. More information about the program is available.
U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster loans available now
Minnesota businesses negatively impacted by COVID-19 can now apply for low interest SBA loans. Governor Walz requested an Economic Injury Disaster Loan declaration earlier this week and the SBA opened applications online March 20. Businesses can apply for loans to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable and other bills that can’t be paid because of the disaster’s impact.
For more information and to apply please visit:
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program – Working capital up to $2 million
- SBA Express Bridge Loans – Up to $25,000 with less paperwork
- Paycheck Protection Program - Forgivable Loans up to $10 million
- Information for Minnesota employers affected by COVID-19
- Information for Minnesota employees affected by COVID-19
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Find Guidance for Businesses and Employers from the CDC here
- Explore the main CDC website regarding the Coronavirus here
- Follow the CDC Twitter account here
- Follow the CDC Facebook page here
- White House Guidance
Minnesota Employers Local Resource Center on COVID-19 News
- Minnesota Department of Health Situational Updates
- Office of Governor Tim Walz and Lt. Governor Peggy Flanagan
- Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development
- Minnesota Chamber of Commerce
- Reuters News Focused on COVID-19
- MN-based Health Care Companies Response Actions
- Read FAQ about the COVID-19 Proposed Stimulus Package
- Congress Passes COVID-19 Related Tax Relief
- Minnesota Department of Public Safety
- Twin Cities Transportation: Getting to and from Work
U.S. Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Resources:
- Guidance For Employers - Guidance from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Workplace Tips - For workplace tips and resources for employers to combat the virus
- Resilience in a Box - If your business needs help putting a plan in place, use the U.S. Chamber Foundation's toolkit created in partnership with the UPS foundation.
- More Resources – A full list of additional items for your business
Resources made to help you navigate your workforce working remotely.
Below are services that are currently offering discounts or free access for remote workforce options to make meeting, collaborating, and processing easier when remote:
Remote Desktop & Collaboration Solutions:
- Teamviewer: 20 percent off remote desktop connection solutions:
- Chrome Remote Desktop (Free solutions for remote desktop access)
- Microsoft Teams. 6 months free Instant messaging, fire sharing, video and voice chat.
- LogMeIn is offering Emergency remote Work kits for free to nonprofits, schools, and health care organizations
Remote Meeting & Screen Sharing Solutions:
Resources for Nonprofits
- Coronavirus Crisis Communication Best Practices and Advice for Nonprofits
- Experts Urge Charities to Communicate Their Needs Clearly to Their Donors
- How MN Non-Profits are Responding & Resources
- Ways to Volunteer