10/10/2016: Spotlight – Eden Prairie AM Rotary Club
Eden Prairie Community Spotlight:
Flagship Bank Minnesota is an active community volunteer and financial supporter. Through our efforts in Eden Prairie, MN, we have crossed paths with many organizations and each December we hold a community luncheon in conjunction with the Eden Prairie Community Foundation to say Thank you. We believe that each of our residents and our nonprofit organizations make a profound impact on City of Eden Prairie in their own way and it is the little things that drive the improvement of life in our community. Brick by brick. Organization by organization. The overarching picture has been built by the everyday actions which has resulted in the high quality of life Eden Prairie represents. To build off this belief, we are doing a Community Spotlight on organizations making a difference in our communities.
Summary: The Eden Prairie AM Rotary Club is an organization of men and women committed to providing volunteer service to the local community and around the world.
In 1976, Don Brauer of Edina and Dr. John Wright of Hopkins and M.E. “Skip” Lane of Edina found 31 business and professional men in Eden Prairie who became the charter members of the club. Among the club’s 35 charter members were Walt Carpenter, Dean Edstrom, Merle Gamm, Dean Holasek, Skip Lane, Don Opheim, Roy Terwilliger, and John Wright. John Wright was the Club’s first President.
The Object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
- FIRST: The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
- SECOND: High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
- THIRD: The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business, and community life;
- FOURTH: The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
THE FOUR-WAY TEST
The Four-Way Test is a nonpartisan and nonsectarian ethical guide for Rotarians to use for their personal and professional relationships. The test has been translated into more than 100 languages, and Rotarians recite it at club meetings:
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
The Eden Prairie AM Rotary has been doing great things in Eden Prairie for the past 40 years and we anticipate that they will continue to do so well into the future. If you live or work in Eden Prairie and want to give back, the Eden Prairie AM Rotary is a great place to start. They meet every Tuesday at 7:30 a.m. Please check out their website for more information.
Over the years, Flagship Bank Minnesota has been a proud sponsor of the Rotary and its activities. Whether it’s through staff flexibility in joining or sponsoring events, we place an emphasis on supporting organizations that support our community.
Flagship Bank Minnesota is a Member FDIC and Equal Housing Lender. https://www.flagshipbanks.com/